As part of our corporate responsibility, we attach great importance to our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). This includes, but is not limited to:
Riensch & Held attaches great importance to fair and collegial interaction with each other and sets high standards for working conditions and occupational safety. In this way, we have now gained a team of highly motivated and loyal colleagues. We are very proud of our international team, because we see this cultural diversity and the different mentalities, ways of thinking, religions and experiences associated with it as a great enrichment for our company.
Our products are technically demanding quality products for household and industry which are manufactured in Hamburg where the corresponding technological know-how and the production quality is available.
We as manufacturer have a social responsibility, therefore we design our production processes for products and components under consideration of ergonomic aspects to reduce physical stress of the employees as far as possible. We try to rotate our employees in production across different workplaces to develop a varied field of activity. Preferences and special knowledge are considered and applied, if possible. We do not pay piecework or quantity-based wages.
Environmental and animal protection
Riensch & Held consistently implements environmental measures in all corporate divisions, e.g.
- Reusable containers in different internal logistic processes
• Optimization of raw material utilisation
• Use of recycled material in the injection moulding area
• Ongoing investments to increase the energy efficiency of production facilities
• Reduction of carbon footprints (CO2 footprint)
• In the area of sustainable use of forest resources, we are committed to the FSC and PEFC standards.
• We commit ourselves, in the course of the PEFC standard, to participate neither directly nor indirectly in violations of any of the fundamental principles of the ILO defined in the 1998 ILO Declaration on Fundamental Labour Rights.
We expect our suppliers and business partners to act, as a first obligation, in full compliance with all applicable national laws, rules and regulations and in accordance with existing industry standards, ILO standards and UN conventions that are consistent with national law, and to comply with all principles in their supply chain that ensure the greatest possible protection of employees and the environment.
Riensch & Held strives to maintain its own jobs in Germany. If internal resources are not available in sufficient quantities, we try to find partners in the surrounding area and in particular, where possible, social projects. For example, for years we have been working successfully with “Lebenshilfe-Werkstätten” and a prison, thus supporting their integration efforts.
We want to continue our social commitment in the future, for example with our annual donation to the “School for the Poor” in Kaunas/Lithuania.